Thankfully I see more and more people with cloth face coverings (masks). I’m encouraged by that since the consistent covering of our mouths and noses seems to hold out the most hope for stopping the spread of COVID-19. Although mask-wearing isn’t particularly pleasant, I’m grateful for those who are willing to make this sacrifice for the sake of everyone’s health!
The hardest thing for me about mask wearing is the change of habit. I find myself having to take several steps back to my car because I’ve forgotten to put on a mask before I stepped out. They say it takes 3 weeks to develop a new habit and even though we’ve been wearing masks for more than 3 weeks, I confess I don’t quite have the habit in place.
So I decided to start a prayer practice for mask-wearing. I made a key tag so that I can attach this prayer to my key chain:
Dear God, in this moment I look to you. Use this mask not as a covering that hides me but as a witness of love for my neighbors. Amen.
I have some extras — I’ll put them in a basket on the Welcome Desk in case anyone wants one.
- We worship IN PERSON and ONLINE on Sunday, July 5 at 9:30 a.m. For online worship go to the church website and click “Worship Now” for the Live Streaming of worship on YouTube. Later in the day a recording of the service will also be available. If you plan to attend IN PERSON please plan to wear a face covering — bring your own but extras will be available at the door. WELCOME BACK TO THE BUILDING!
- Sunday morning classes will meet as follows:
- Basement Bunch, 8:15 a.m., Village Green Pavilion
- Upper Room, 8:30 a.m. Classroom B, Church basement
- Green Room, 11:00 via Zoom. Contact Bill Todd for Zoom invitation at email@example.com.
- Children’s Sunday School — pick up lesson bags from church nursery; Zoom Sunday School with Amanda at 11:00; contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom invitation. No in-person gatherings during July.
- Sweeter Than Honey — not meeting during July.
- The church office will be closed on Monday, July 6 in observance of the 4th of July holiday. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend with safe distancing and fun times.