It’s Friday and Sunday’s Comin’!
Earlier in the week you got an email about The Church Has Left the Building — Day of Caring. Our Nurture/Member Care Committee is asking us to serve and to be attentive to what God is doing. The Church HAS left the building and we are the hands and feet of Christ. What amazing things happen when we heed the promptings of God’s Spirit!
This week already some glory sightings have been shared! Here’s what some have said:
- This week I asked the Lord to bring to mind friends or family who need encouragement. Each day I sent texts, calls or emails. Some calls even led to unknown needs being revealed.
- I took some vegetable soup over to my neighbor. Turns out both she and her husband had treatments the same day so the soup was a real encouragement and blessing.
- My prayers and the prayers of those praying for me were answered when I had to speak to a difficult situation. I was a bit surprised at how good I sounded — then I remembered they weren’t my words but those supplied for me. There was receptivity and growth. I’m so happy and thankful!
In these days of worry and anxiety, the way OUT of that worry and anxiety is to pay attention to what God is doing. Rejoice in the Lord always! And what a gift it is when the glory of the Lord is revealed to us!
Let us know about what happens when you reach out beyond the building to the people around you in our community and world. Share your stories using the yellow button above.
Remember, SignUp Genius is a little awkward for this kind of reporting but just follow these instructions.
- Click the yellow button above.
- Click SignUp on any date.
- Click Submit and Sign Up . Follow the prompts and Add your story (briefly) under “My Comment.
- Click Sign Up Now.
Your response will be sent to me and you will also get a copy via email.
If you’d prefer to report by phone, that’s great, too. Just call Deb Beckinger (812-720-0201) or Lu Brunnemer (812-988-7106). They would love to hear your stories!
I’m so thankful for each one of you.